Balzac*n*308

• =FaRT= Full Member
  • : 128
  • :
    0%
  • BASTON!
Re: Dayz (StandAlone)
« #3 : March 02, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »
interesting!  Ive heard of Rust but havent check it out.
I get what you said about looting on empty servers then jump on loaded ones...doing it myself. I do hope they will change that ....they probably will.
Haven't seen any hackers yet...but disconnecting idiots when they are loosing a fight.

It will only get better in the future so...im looking forward to that!

Anyway, im still having fun at it! Mostly ambushes at long distance are great, thrilling stuff to do.

cheers!

0neManArmy

• =FaRT= Server Admin
  • : 5844
  • :
    0%
    • UneManArmy's Youtube channel
Re: Dayz (StandAlone)
« #2 : March 02, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »
I ended up getting the Rust Alpha instead of DayZ for my survival game fix. At the time, Rust still had zombies.. but they have since been replaced by a placeholder for a future monster yet to be revealed. One of the things that turned me off to DayZ was I read you could just go into a private/solo server, gear yourself out, then jump on another multiplayer server and still have all your items. I kinda felt like this was going be be highly abused and everyone I saw was going to be rolling around with the best shit constantly. So I went with Rust, where each server is a fresh start you and there are plenty of naked noobs also learning how to play. But like DayZ, the players are the real threat so far, not the animals or starving.

Also, I read that DayZ had a massive hacker problem, but after playing Rust for a few days I can say that the Official servers are also packed with hackjobs. The private servers with active admins don't have many hackers, but they have no admins on Official servers so its become a cesspool of hacks. Although to their credit FacePunch (creators of Rust) are actively working on Anti-Cheat solutions and third-party programs to use with Steam's VAC ban system (VAC is great at actually detecting hacks, but very slow at doing the banning for it).
« : March 02, 2014, 03:01:59 PM 0neManArmy »
- One bullet, the right place at the right time, can turn a helluva wave into a flatline
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ UneManArmy's Youtube channel ]
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy

Partners in Crime to watch out for:
 - PopaSkonYak
 - BugarSugar
(My IRL brothers)

Balzac*n*308

• =FaRT= Full Member
  • : 128
  • :
    0%
  • BASTON!
Dayz (StandAlone)
« #1 : March 02, 2014, 09:34:10 AM »
I just got this for 30$ and its great!

Like it said, the game is still an Alpha...so its clunky and all...Zombies chases you thru wall and doors. But they are to worry too much. You gotta watch out for players, they are the threat!

Anyone else got this?
I saw an old tread about Arma mod but not the Standalone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXPDlVS15g